Information technology professional with years of experience providing technical services and business solutions including data analysis, quality assurance and client services within financial services and telecommunications sectors. Solid experience in data mining, problem resolution, documentation, compliance and application support. Effective communication skills working with clients, team members, management and colleagues cross departments.
RBC Manager Data Management, Internal Audit 2015 – 2017
▪ Data analysis through use of SAS for various audits across different platforms including Personal and Business Banking, Wealth Management, Information Technology and Insurance.
▪ Analyzed data from a variety of sources (EDW, data marts, SAS datasets, flat files, Web content, etc.) and integrating datasets to formulate insightful conclusions.
▪ Automated steps of Vacation and Absence Management (VAM) system for computer-assisted audit tools and techniques (CAATTs) requests, cutting 25% of turnaround time.
▪ Converted Loss Event Data (LED) from MS Access database into SQL server to improve reliability and security measure.
▪ Work with cross-functional team as well as external auditors to support compliance, risk management and regulatory reporting (SOX, SOC1) activities for quarterly IT audits to ensure processes of the auditee meet with SOX standards.
▪ Created and verified various Key Risk Indicator (KPI) reports and dashboards.
▪ Managed data access to auditing tools with average request turnaround time of half a business day.See less
Senior Technical Business Analyst, Internal Audit 2007 – 2015
▪ Provided audit support using SQL and Access to extract data from various resources to prepare reports requested by internal auditors.
▪ Analyzed requirement specifications, provides estimates on activities/tasks required to perform design, coding and improving accuracy over time, such as accessing and linking secured tables to setup effective SQL design.
▪ Worked on code review for finance audit to ensure the programs used to generate client list involving GIC and Trust are compliant to business rules.
▪ Redesigned quarterly and on-going HR data auditing report to reduce request turnaround time from 30 days to 5-10 business days.
▪ Loss Event Data (LED) analysis support for on-going audits which assisted in internal process improvement to reduce loss.
▪ Worked with technical personnel from HR department in order to update Mainframe code to accommodate HR transit structure changes resulting smooth transitions for existing data extracts.
▪ Modified existing modules in Mainframe using COBOL to add functionality to extract different data for auditing purpose